Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Xiongs visit!!

Over Memorial Day weekend one of my best friends from College and her hubby came to visit.
We lived in the same dorm our freshman year, and over winter break, a group of us took a road trip up to her parents house... I guess that's when I became part of their family.
Here are some pictures of us in college in 2000:

A shower display at some store...
The student Union where I worked some... Did they really trust me with keys to close up? DeShauna must have had some.
The last time I saw Josh and Mai Kao was their wedding 6 years ago! That was before Andy and I even met, so needless to say they hadn't met Andy yet. They had 2 ceremonies, American style and Hmong style, I got to be in one, and observe the other, they were both pretty cool.
Mai Kao let me try on the Hmong wedding dress.
That was then... this is now:
Mai Kao is a Wonderful cook and cooked us a delicious Hmong lunch
beef laab, stuffed chicken wings (like egg rolls but instead of egg roll shell, a chicken shell!) Rice and noodles.

No trip to Portland is complete with out a trip out the Multnomah falls and the gorge.



Saturday Market
OHSU Tram



No comments: