Friday, December 2, 2011

My sister's wisdom

taken directly from my sister's blog at: http://athousandacresofland.blogspot.com


DECEMBER 1st

Oh first of December
This, the first year ever
I, as an adult,
Have the Advent Calendar out on time.

One sheep only,
Twenty-two more animals, stars, wisemen, shepherds and angels
To go
Then the Baby.

The Baby
Of all babies
For Whom
This month's celebration is for.

And maybe, just maybe,
This baby, born over two thousand years ago,
But still living,
Even in me...

Dare I hope
This time
He will show me more of Who He is?
And my children, too.

More than gifts,
More than festivities,
More than decor and delicacies and thrill,
This is what I seek.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Gee, thanks. Did I mention two nights ago I lost it over all the STUFF I needed to get done???
Yeah. Wise to know...and yet to LIVE is so challenging.
-Sissy