Sunday, January 24, 2010

Breaking the gender news







We had our detailed ultrasound on Dec 23rd, and we were very happy to be able to find out the gender of the baby. The first thing the ultrasound lady showed us was the growth between the baby's legs. Yep- its clearly a boy, unless she had her hand positioned just perfectly to fool us.
Since we found out so close to Christmas, I decided that we should wait to tell our families until Christmas. The Drydens dont like this sort of anticipation, but I love it. So Andy ended up telling his family over the phone, and I told my family at the end of a reenactment of the Christmas play at our family Christmas gathering.

Being the token pregnant lady, I got to play Mary in the play, with all my cousins children. I didn't look pregnant enough, so I wrapped up the balloon that said "Its a Boy" and put it under my shirt. At the end of the play, when Mary had the baby, I let my mom unwrap the present, and all my family and extended family, then knew... the Petersen girls have an 85% probability of having a boy.

Carinn-1 boy
Katie- 3 boys, 1 girl
Dayna- 4 boys, 1 girl
Heidi- 1 boy

1 comment:

The Waltenburgs said...

Hi Heidi! I love your guys' story on how you shared the news! Colby and I are so excited for you two and all that's in store for your family.